One paragraph reviews on art, movies, books, and pop culture by a know-nothing who knows it all

Thursday, July 14, 2005

"The Beat that My Heart Skipped"

(Ed. note: this entry was submitted by a guest reviewer whose opinion I respect.) If staring for 107 minutes at a Frenchman who looks like a cross between Ewan MacGregor and Mick Jagger is your idea of fun, get over to your local theater, now. The actor Romain Duris IS "The Beat That My Heart Skipped." He portrays a gangster type who decides to take a last shot at his dream of being a concert pianist. Absurd plot? I thought so. I did enjoy watching Duris for much of this well-shot film, and the actor who plays his broken-down gangster father has a fabulous look. After a while, though, I found myself wondering whether I would've given it a chance had this been an American production starring Brad Pitt. I think not. (Image via Lequotidienducinema.com)

Labels: