One paragraph reviews on art, movies, books, and pop culture by a know-nothing who knows it all

Tuesday, April 18, 2006

Foot Fetish Afoot

Oooo, this shoe could make me develop a fetish. Accompanying a NY Times article on the new season of heels' wuthering heights, this image caught my eye. That heel looks like a table leg from the 1960s, and I love the chopped off front platform. Could I even teeter in these shoes? Maybe. Walk? Impossible. But I don't think that's the point. It seems that there's an undercurrent of fetishism arising in the culture (this past week anyways). A few days after this image appeared, the film "The Notorious Bettie Page" opened, which the Times featured on the front page of the Arts section with a rave review. Leafing through the movie ads, I saw an ad for a British flick called "Kinky Boots." Is there a cultural fetish afoot? If there is one, count me in.