One paragraph reviews on art, movies, books, and pop culture by a know-nothing who knows it all

Monday, April 16, 2007

Ikea Never Looked So Good

Jorge Pardo lightsJorge Pardo is known for his design aesthetic, but, to me, his show at Friedrich Petzel gallery looked liked a bunch of junk. Walking into the gallery is like entering a super cheap version of Ikea. Lights with fried tendrilled lampshades hang from the ceiling, while wine credenzas line the walls. The lamps I could deal with if I were 18 years old and decorating my dorm room. The wine credenzas, which can hold 100 bottles, were slapped together. I opened a door to one but couldn't close it again. Overall, all the material was cheap crap, and the designs were Urban Outfitters hand-me-downs. I truly don't know if this show was supposed to be funny or not. (Images via Friedrich Petzel gallery)

Jorge Pardo Wine Credenza

Labels: