One paragraph reviews on art, movies, books, and pop culture by a know-nothing who knows it all

Saturday, May 07, 2005

"Middle Age" by Joyce Carol Oates

Synopsis: after a beloved sculptor dies in well-to-do community, friends evaluate his affect on their lives and rediscover who they are. I loved reading this book, but now when I think about what I should write about it, I'm blank. It's just one of those books that you immerse yourself in and devour and then slowly forget it after you're finished. I think this is one of few JCO books that I've read that focuses on adults. (I've read You Must Remember This; Because It Is Bitter, and Because It is My Heart; Foxfire; Blonde; Black Water.) What I love about her stuff is that she is able to capture that Upstate New York feel picture perfect.

Labels: