One paragraph reviews on art, movies, books, and pop culture by a know-nothing who knows it all

Tuesday, June 27, 2006

Wong and Jones

This almost seems absurd. Wong Kar-Wai's first English-language film will star Norah Jones. The Hong Kong director describes Norah Jones as having an "actor's aura." I've heard that Jones isn't all so alluring in concert, but maybe Wong can extract something from the singer. According to the Hollywood Reporter, "My Blueberry Nights" will also star Jude Law, Ed Harris, and Kevin Spacey. I don't want the rest of the world to discover W.K.W.! I want his films to remain in little artsy film houses, not at the cineplex. I also just read that he's beginning preproduction for "Lady from Shanghai," starring Nicole Kidman. Ugh. (Image via PerezHilton.com)

Labels: ,