One paragraph reviews on art, movies, books, and pop culture by a know-nothing who knows it all

Wednesday, October 11, 2006

End of Book Drought

Stop the presses, or rather start them: I'm finally reading a book again. The last book I finished was eight months ago (sad) and was nonfiction lite: Norah Vincent's "Self-Made Man"--which I actually liked a lot. Lord knows that I've tried to immerse myself in many books during this period. Chang-rae Lee's "Aloft," Norman Mailer's "The Spooky Art," Toni Morrison's "Beloved," and Brian Wilson's autobiography are just a few of the tomes with bookmarks that never passed page 50. And the novel that's hooked me? Francine Prose's "A Changed Man." I bought it simply because it was in the bargain bin ($8, hardcover) and remembered reading positive reviews. I'm halfway through this story about a skinhead, and let's hope I don't stumble before the finish line.

Labels: