One paragraph reviews on art, movies, books, and pop culture by a know-nothing who knows it all

Wednesday, November 08, 2006

Well-Known Secret

Sometimes I'm a little late when it comes to reading the latest, greatest books. I've just recently gotten around to reading Donna Tartt's "The Secret History," published in 1992. About a trillion copies of the book have been sold, and the novel has a cult following. In the past, I've lumped Tartt with Bret Easton Ellis and Jay McInterney, and, in a way, I've disregarded her. But I admit "The Secret History" is an engrossing, page turner about a bunch of intellectual college students who commit a murder. Tartt has a little Fitzgerald, a little Dickens, and even some Poe in her. I'm only about halfway through the novel, but I highly recommend it.

Labels: