One paragraph reviews on art, movies, books, and pop culture by a know-nothing who knows it all

Wednesday, March 28, 2007

Don't Believe the Blurb

Jerry Lewis and Dean Martin Colgate Comedy HourBaby got burned. I rented "Where the Truth Lies" because I read a capsule review that described its leads as based on Jerry Lewis and Dean Martin. Wrong! After reading Jerry Lewis's memoir last year, I consider myself a curious fan of this duo. (I've even rented the DVD of the Martin & Lewis Colgate Comedy Hour.) Thinking I was going to see a flick about the Martin & Lewis working relationship by one of my favorite directors (Atom Egoyan), I was utterly disappointed. The main characters are based very, very, very, very loosely on M & L. This is a lame murder mystery (think "Murder She Wrote") that taught me not to believe the blurb. (Image via Popmatters)

Labels: ,