One paragraph reviews on art, movies, books, and pop culture by a know-nothing who knows it all

Monday, February 13, 2006

Yea for Yeahs

It's a sad day when I get my music news from the New Yorker. Last week, the mag published a preview of the Yeah Yeah Yeahs' upcoming album to be released in March. Like everyone else on this side of the Hudson River, I was wildly addicted to the Yeahs's last album, "Fever to Tell." (I recently listened to it, and I hate to say that it hasn't held up as well as I would have thought.) The new disc, called "Show Your Bones," receives a pretty ecstatic review from the NYer. Dear God, please don't let them end up like the White Stripes. The nerdy brainiacs jumped on them, and Jack White bought into it and started bloody intellectualizing three-chord riffs.

Labels: