One paragraph reviews on art, movies, books, and pop culture by a know-nothing who knows it all

Tuesday, May 09, 2006

My Dad Is Bigfoot

Time for TiVO? I was all set to watch "My Dad Is 100 Years Old," Isabella Rossellini's artsy tribute to her father Roberto. Made in collaboration with avant-garde filmmaker Guy Maddin, the 15-minute film was on the Sundance Channel last night. I wasn't able to see it at its featured time, so I taped it. I hit play. But what to my wondering eyes should appear but..."Bigfootville" from the Travel Channel. The show is about an Oklahoma town that has had 50 Bigfoot sightings in the past year. Not quite the impressionistic and idiosyncratic show I had hoped to see. Since I messed up setting the stupid VCR, I'll have to wait until May 21 when Isabella's film airs again. How cruel.

Labels: