One paragraph reviews on art, movies, books, and pop culture by a know-nothing who knows it all

Wednesday, July 26, 2006

Cracked Bunny

This bunny did not want to play. My Netflix DVD of Vincent Gallo's "The Brown Bunny" was cracked. Did the last renter become so frustrated with the flick that he whacked it against the TV? This damaged DVD seemed like a bad omen. I'm a huge fan of Vincent G.'s "Buffalo '66," and I've avoided "The Brown Bunny" because I'm afraid the film will wreck Vincent Gallo for me. The movie is reportedly boring, self-indulgent, pretentious, and overall a big waste of time. I'm renting it as part of my own mini Controversial Film Fest, and I thought this one had to be seen for the notorious Chloe Sevigny oral sex scene. We'll see if Netflix comes through and sends me a new (unscathed) one.

Labels: ,