One paragraph reviews on art, movies, books, and pop culture by a know-nothing who knows it all

Friday, January 12, 2007

Big Fish, Big Pond

I waited for hours, but I finally got to see David Lynch in the flesh. (He's thin, about 5'10", and looks just like the photos.) Promoting his book on meditation, Lynch was interviewed at Barnes and Noble at Union Square. The place was PACKED. Overflowing with Lynch aficionados, the staff closed off the floor an hour before the director's appearance. While waiting (I arrived two hours early but still had to stand), I read the entire contents of "Catching the Big Fish: Meditation, Consciousness, and Creativity." Unfortunately, the interviewer must have done the same thing because every question lead into a chapter of this short tome. Lynch must have said the word "beautiful" about 50 times during this interview. He's so intoxicated with meditation that I want a sip of that drink too.

Labels: ,