One paragraph reviews on art, movies, books, and pop culture by a know-nothing who knows it all

Thursday, January 25, 2007

Notes on Nighy

After seeing "Notes on a Scandal," I officially became a Bill Nighy fan. Nighy, who gives a pitch-perfect performance as Cate Blanchett's duped husband, is an actor whose name I've seen, but I've never seen him. After doing a Netflix search, I see that he's much more a supporting role actor at this point. (He's in "The Constant Gardener," which I'll rent soon, despite the fact that its star Ralph Fiennes drives me completely batty-bird.) I heard this radio interview the other day, and Nighy comes across as a charming self-deprecating Brit. Unfortunately, the interview was conducted by Leonard Lopate, one of the 10 most pompous people on the planet. (Image via BillNighy.info)

Labels: