One paragraph reviews on art, movies, books, and pop culture by a know-nothing who knows it all

Monday, February 05, 2007

At Half-Mast

Frank Gehry IAC Building When I walked past the new Frank Gehry-designed building in Chelsea, I thought that it wasn't yet finished. Turns out that I'm wrong. Despite the fact that the office building looks like the top half was chopped off, the structure is set to open in a month. The 10-floor building, known as "The Sails," is located near the Hudson River and doesn't quite fit in with all the grungy old warehouses in this art gallery area. Still, when I spied one of the fritted glass windows cracked and lying on the sidewalk for removal, I was tempted to snatch it and hang it on my apartment wall. (I did try to pick it up, but it must have weighed about 300 lbs.) (Image via NY Sun)

Labels: