One paragraph reviews on art, movies, books, and pop culture by a know-nothing who knows it all

Wednesday, February 07, 2007

Mannequin Maquette

Alice Roi Sketches Fall 2007 CollectionIt's Fashion Week again in NYC, and I'm hooked again on watching unedited coverage of the shows on WNYC. One of the designers I like to follow is Alice Roi. In a recent article, Roi cited Madeline of children’s books fame as an inspiration for her Fall 2007 collection. Alice Roi Models Fall 2007 Collection
After seeing the photo of Roi's sketches, I checked out her show online and found some pix that look surprisingly like the designer's conception. Now, does that sketch remind me of Madeline? Nope. But I still applaud Roi for successfully translating her idea into something concrete. (Images via NY Times, Elle.com)

Labels: